Media Planning Associate
The media planning associate is responsible for all campaign-related media planning for Brand Capital International and their portfolio companies, in an effort to increase brand awareness, introduce them to new audiences, and increase penetration overall. The individual will be accountable for soliciting, negotiating, reviewing, and recommending media programs, primarily focused on print and digital but should have basic understanding of the entire multimedia landscape. The individual will facilitate contracts, agency partners, timelines, and vendor management while interfacing with the portfolio companies and executives within Brand Capital International. He/she will be responsible for envisioning and bringing to life the media plan. The role will work out of our Redwood Shores office and report to the Director of Brand Strategy.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· Develop media buying strategies for Brand Capital International and their portfolio companies, based on budget, to increase brand awareness.
· Establish media plans for both Brand Capital International and portfolio companies.
· Negotiate with vendors to ensure the best costs
· Contract and manage outside contacts
· Project manage across various campaigns
· Monitor costs and ROI; work with media team to adjust based on how media plan performs
· Ensure ads and creative are displayed properly
· Liaise with the media teams on all channels and serve as an expert for internal and external purposes.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
· 3-5 years of experience in media planning and buying and advertising budget management
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Able to effectively work with vendors and function as a valued partner to brand strategy and finance team members
· Passion for media and new advertising formats (esp. non-digital)
· Able to function independently as an expert within this vertical