Senior Business Development Manager, Brand Capital International
- Work closely with the VP to develop overall business development strategies.
- Lead all aspects of deal flow: from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution, and closing.
- Qualify potential client partnerships through excellent rapport and a consultative approach.
- Leverage existing network, ongoing network development, and online research, and stay current on ventures across geographies to identify new business resources.
- Conduct industry intelligence gathering, including tracking of news, highlights, financing, and M&A to build a more data-driven approach to deal flow and portfolio hiring.
- Build and maintain financial projections and valuation models for companies under investment consideration.
- Draft investment memorandum incorporating market research, due diligence outcomes and return analysis and develop customized.
- Actively support the existing portfolio companies.
- Develop customized, client-focused presentations and present to key decision-makers.
- Engage the VP in a timely manner to ensure consistent, professional outreach efforts.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the company.
- Lead the existing Business Development team in Silicon Valley, New York & Toronto.
- Master’s degree in business administration, Finance or Marketing preferably MBA
- Previous work or consulting experience in lead generation or business development.
- Previous experience within a venture capital or private equity firm preferred.
- Demonstrated success in winning new business.
- A proven track record of meeting/exceeding business objectives.
- Experience working with senior-level management.
- Experience handling a team
- Previous experience creating customized, creative presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote) and financial modeling
- Ability to discern applicable business needs and form strategic partnerships.
- Extremely professional, polished, communication style both verbal and written
- Understanding and interest in overall strategic business operations and how all the pieces come together.
- Sense of urgency, initiative, and motivation – thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Visit brandcapitalus.com for more information regarding our international team and portfolio.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Seniority level – Mid-Senior level
Employment type – Full-time
Job function – Finance Marketing Business Development
Industries – Investment ManagementVenture Capital & Private EquityMarketing and Advertising