We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled strategy and business development leader to head up our expansion into India.
The Head of India role is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a growing global team with a focus on business development and partnerships in India. In this role you will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy to expand sales in India as quickly as possible, in collaboration with colleagues based across the globe. You’ll help to define the sales and marketing strategy for India, as well as source opportunities, evaluate revenue potential and analyse the different partners and channels available to ensure efficient scalability and growth. You will also work closely with MarcoPolo’s India partner - The Times Group.
An ideal candidate will have proven experience leading business development strategy in India. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and has led expansion of new products in India before, who knows the landscape and can recommend opportunities.
This role will report to the CEO and Head of Business Development and will collaborate with operations, engineering, marketing, and sales teams. Want to help us build children’s curiosity? Join us!
- The Head of India will support the company’s goals through a range of sales and account management activities
- Lead strategic vision for expansion in India
- Understand the nuances of the Indian market and identify opportunities for expansion
- Obsessively, and proactively, find ways to drive more value for partners
- Drive sales in India quickly and create a plan for successful implementation, renewal and growth
- Develop and maintain collaborative, trusted relationships with key strategic partners in India
- Work closely with MarcoPolo’s Indian investor and partner (The Times Group)
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of work experience
- Proven experience leading business development in India. Experience with education technology is preferred. Experience selling to public/government funded schools is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record working in a rigorous, results-driven role that directly impacted the growth of a business
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively, possess high degree of planning, coordination, project management skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Ability to produce crisp and compelling presentations that are executive-ready
- Organized, detail-oriented personality with the ability to multitask
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced culture
- Strong analytic and strategic skills
- Able to build and own a deal model, generate revenue forecasts and P&L models
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and commitment
- MBA preferred
- International experience preferred (work and/or education)
Competitive salary based on experience plus bonus/options based on India performance. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, and remote work flexibility.
We want to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. MarcoPolo Learning is based in London, New York, and Shanghai. We are looking for this role to be based in India with limited travel to London and the US and potentially other Asian countries.
MarcoPolo Learning is committed to building a diverse team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
MarcoPolo Learning is an award-winning developer of educational curriculum and technology for early learners. Serving both the home and school market, MarcoPolo is best known for its flagship learning app, MARCOPOLO WORLD SCHOOL. Emmy-nominated for its premium video content and highly engaging child-facing technology, the program focuses on skills that develop curiosity and a lifelong love of learning. MarcoPolo's STEAM-focused TV series, THE POLOS, reaches over 500 million households across the world.
With offices in New York, London and Shanghai, MarcoPolo has put their focus on serving a global audience and developing its brand by partnering with leading media and educational groups throughout the world including Teaching Strategies (US), Bright Horizons (US), New Oriental (China), SKY (UK), BT (UK), Viacom (India), NatGeo Kids (Latin America) and many others. MarcoPolo is a venture-backed startup with strategic investors New Oriental (NYSE: EDU) and Boat Rocker Media of Canada (CA: BRMI).
To apply to this position, please email Shambhavi Mishra, Director of Investments at Shambhavi.Mishra@timesgroup.com