The media planning associate is responsible for all campaign-related media planning for Brand Capital International and their portfolio companies, in an effort to increase brand awareness, introduce them to new audiences, and increase penetration overall. The individual will be accountable for soliciting, negotiating, reviewing, and recommending media programs, primarily focused on print and digital but should have basic understanding of the entire multimedia landscape. The individual will facilitate contracts, agency partners, timelines, and vendor management while interfacing with the portfolio companies and executives within Brand Capital International. He/she will be responsible for envisioning and executing the media plan. The role will work out of our Redwood Shores office and report to the Director of Brand Strategy.
What you’ll be responsible for:
· Develop media buying strategies for Brand Capital International and their portfolio companies, based on budget, to increase brand awareness. Establish media plans for both Brand Capital International and portfolio companies.
· Negotiate with vendors to ensure the best costs
· Draft contracts and manage outside contacts
· Project manage across various campaigns
· Monitor costs and ROI; work with media team to adjust based on how media plan performs
· Ensure ads and creatives are displayed properly
· Liaise with the media teams on all channels and serve as an expert for internal and external purposes.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field
· 3-5 years of experience in media planning and buying and advertising budget management
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Able to effectively work with vendors and function as a valued partner to brand strategy and finance team members
· Passion for media and new advertising formats (esp. non-digital)
· Able to function independently as an expert within this vertical
About Brand Capital International
As the strategic investment arm of Bennett Coleman & Co Ltd. (BCCL) and the Times Group, we're the largest media conglomerate in India. We are the thought leaders and experts on bringing new companies to the Indian market. With our deep domain expertise and insight into the Indian media landscape, we channel that knowledge into every investment we make -- giving our companies the ability to thrive in one of the world's fastest growing markets.
BCCL Worldwide Inc (BWI) incorporated in the State of California is a 100% subsidiary of Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd (BCCL). BCCL is the largest multimedia company in India providing media publishing services in India and South-Asia. The company publishes newspapers, magazines, and books; operates television channels, radio, and digital businesses; publishes news content on the Internet; and specialized content publishing and other online services. The company also engages in other activities, such as music, movies, syndication, education, financial services, event management, and specialized publications. The company has a strong multimedia presence in North America with its flagship online brands Timesofindia.com, Economictimes.com, Gaana, Willow TV, Cricbuzz, MX Player, Times Now and Zoom among other media platforms.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Benefits: Brand Capital International offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, medical, dental vision, paid leave and 401(k).